Executive Chairman and Managing Director
Garry is a Mining Engineer with over 30 years of operating experience in middle and senior management levels in a range of progressive technical and hands on positions within the mining industry. Garry has operating and management experience in both open cut and underground mines in gold and base metals. He has operated throughout Australia and Africa at Mine Manager, VP Operations and Chief Operating Officer levels.
Garry was previously Operations Manager at Dominion Mining Limited where he was instrumental in turning around the performance of it’s Challenger Gold Mine in South Australia. He has extensive experience in narrow vein gold mining starting at Coolgardie Gold’s mines which has long been regarded as the pioneer of mechanised narrow vein gold mining. He was the COO of Norseman Gold where he developed mechanised mining of horizontal narrow gold veins. Garry has been involved in resurrecting some of Australia and South Africa’s more successful gold mines including Jundee, Paulsens, Agnew and South Deeps where under his guidance the mines substantially reduced their operating costs. Most recently, Garry was the General Manager at Northern Star Resources.
Garry has significant experience in feasibility studies, project construction and strategic, middle and short term planning for effective mine operation from exploration to metal production. His narrow vein gold mining experience will be invaluable to Primary as it looks to recommence mining operations at its Tom’s Gully underground gold mine.
Tony is an Executive Director of GR Engineering Services Limited (ASX: GNG), which he cofounded, and is a mechanical engineer with over 30 years’ experience in the mining and mineral processing industry. GR Engineering is recognised as one of the industry’s leaders in minerals processing and the company prides itself on the services it provides starting from initial metallurgical programs, through to the various study phases and culminating in the construction and operation of the process plant.
Tony was previously the operations manager of JR Engineering which had over 300 personnel and provided workshop, maintenance, engineering and construction services to mining and mineral processing project in Western Australian and interstate.
During his career Tony has been involved in the construction of numerous gold processing plants and his experience will greatly assist the Mt Bundy project recommence operations.
Dr Mark Qiu
Dr Qiu has more than 25 years’ experience in gold and iron ore mining, in addition to holding a number of senior management roles in Australia and abroad. This includes serving as group executive for Sino Gold Mining Limited until its acquisition by Eldorado Gold Corporation. His extensive experience includes directorships for several joint ventures for Sino Gold/Eldorado Gold and Sino Gold-Gold Fields JVC.
Dr Qiu is currently the Managing Director of Hanking Gold Mining Pty Ltd and Hanking Australia Pty Ltd, Executive Director of China Hanking Holdings Limited (HKSE:03788) and non-executive director of Kimberley Diamonds Limited (ASX: KDL).
The primary responsibility of the Board is to represent and advance shareholders interests and to protect the interests of stakeholders. To fulfil this role the Board is responsible for the overall corporate governance of the Company including its strategic direction, establishing goals for management and monitoring the achievement of these goals.
The responsibilities of the Board include:
- Protection and enhancement of shareholder value.
- Formulation, review and approval of the objectives and strategic direction of the Company.
- Monitoring the financial performance of the Company by reviewing and approving budgets and monitoring results.
- Approving all significant business transactions including acquisitions, divestments and capital expenditure.
- Ensuring the adequate internal control systems and procedures exist and that compliance with these systems and procedures is maintained.
- The identification of significant business risks and ensuring that such risks are adequately managed.
- The review of performance and remuneration of executive directors and key staff.
- The establishment and maintenance of appropriate ethical standards.
- Evaluating and, where appropriate adopting, with or without modification, the ASX Corporate Governance Council’s Principals of Good Corporate Governance and Best Practice Recommendations.
Corporate Governance Plan
Corporate Governance Plan – Primary Gold Limited
File added: 07/10/2016
File size: 765.5KB